Sunday, July 31, 2011

What is your favorite color?

Such a simple question that children often get asked ( just after their name, age, if they have siblings, or favorite food) - but if you have verbal apraxia, you may not be able to answer any of those questions or you may not be able to pronounce the words; even though in your head you know what the answer is.

Lately, I've been wondering what LM's favorite color is...I've watched him when I give him sippy cups, does he prefer the green or the blue? The other day, I took him to LLBean to pick out a backpack for daycare (because the pictures on the computer screen were too small) and he chose the red snake back pack. At therapy the other day, he chose the purple construction paper. During his play dough play last week, he chose the yellow play dough. I took him to Lowes to look at paint colors for his new room, and he chose sh*t brown and lime green (yeah, not happening!). During the past few days, we've given him the choice of what freeze pop he wants...so far we have 2 pinks, 3 blues, a green and a yellow.

A while ago, I brought this up to hubby and he said, "I don't even know what my favorite color is!". I guess LM is like his daddy for this one! I bet it doesn't matter for LM either.

No comments: